We are trialling the use of ClubSpark as an online booking system for the tennis courts at Whitton Tennis Club. We hope this will be much easier for everyone and we would appreciate your feedback – good or bad – of this system.
1. There is a charge for guests of £5 per adult and £2 per junior. There is a box outside the clubhouse for visitors’ fees.
2. The cost of using the floodlights is £4 per hour and the meter is inside the Clubhouse, behind the door on the right hand side. The cost of using the floodlights during social club sessions will still be £4 per hour and all members present will be asked to make a contribution.
3. The floodlights will turn off automatically at 9.30pm, regardless of the number of £1 coins put into the meter.
4. ClubSpark will also be used by the committee, Head Coach and, the team captains as a calendar of activities during the year and to book courts for matches and team training sessions. These are fixed dates and cannot be changed to accommodate individual players.
5. The Committe (Including the Head Coach) reserves the right to change or cancel a booking. However all reasonable efforts will be made to inform the Member of the changes made.
Please register and use the ClubSpark system from now on. If you do not have internet access please contact a committee member who will be happy to book a court on your behalf.
A list of First Aiders is on the noticed board outside the clubhouse. First Aid kits are on the veranda by the door, and in the kitchen. Emergency contact details are also on the noticeboard on the veranda.
Use of Courts
On sessions that are allocated for members, the rule is that we play 1 set only after which any members waiting are invited to play, with everyone mixing in and taking turns.
There are regular club sessions allocated for use of full adult members during the week.
- Saturday 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- Sunday 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Monday 1.30pm – 5.00pm
- Wednesday 7.00pm onwards (one court is floodlit until 9.30pm)
- Thursday 1.30pm – 5.00pm
- Friday 7.00pm onwards is also open to Off-Peak members
Saturdays from 9.00am – 2.00pm all courts are reserved for coaching sessions.
Team matches are arranged at certain times during the week, as are team practice sessions. Information regarding these bookings can be found on the noticeboards outside the Pavilion and on the ClubSpark court booking calendar.
At all other times, members can make their own arrangements to play. Members can also invite a guest for a small fee.
Off Peak members, who are trying to improve their standard of play, may play outside the usual club sessions but may join in on the last Saturday club session of each month. There is a session on a Friday evening (floodlit in the winter), that is open to all adult members and “young adult” members, including off peak members.
Juniors may play from Mondays to Fridays till 6.30pm, excluding Mondays and Thursdays between 1.30 and 5.00pm. The is a special Junior Members turn up and play night on Fridays. Please see the Juniors/Coaching notice board for details.
The Pavilion is available for private hire and children’s parties throughout the year. (see Hall Hire for further information.)